Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Standards (and practices?)

Hello friends!

It's been well over a week since I've posted, made a video, or done much of any work on my 1750 Blood Angels list. I've had company from abroad staying with me since a week ago Sunday, so I've been preoccupied with non-Warhammer related things, but I do have a few new things to show, namely my tactical squad's sergeant. I hand-painted his standard, and I'm really pleased with the results. It might not look that great on that high-resolution photo, but it really looks sharp three feet away on a table! It's simple, but also it's my first hand-painted standard. Baby steps.

I also finished painting a fourth Rhino, so now all three assault squads and my tactical squads have mobility. What I'm waiting for is the arrival of my Death Company box, Dante, and three Baal Predators. I'm guessing they won't arrive for several days though, which gives me time to try and put transfers on all my troops - something I'm really not looking forward to. But hey, it's a new skill to learn.

I also have a 5th Rhino that I need to paint, but since it's for the Death Company I need to do a little research on the best way to highlight black vehicles -- the blending techniques on the regular red Rhinos was pretty simple and effective, but I'm not sure blending would look so good on a black one. Time to do some research!

I'll keep you all posted.

Fight the good fight!

0 comments: